Thursday, July 26, 2007

Ouch!

Today was a very unlucky day for me. I was playing baseball with my ten year old cousin Martin some hours ago. Feeling tired and crushed due to the bevy of tests I had to take yesterday, I thought it would be a refreshing change of pace to catch up with some fun and relaxation. During the game, I decided to take a brief break to let Martin practice his swing. He must have swung the bat for three minutes straight, and half the time it looked like he would just lose his balance and be thrown off by the weight of the bat. As I was drinking some Gatorade, there was a loud thud, an excruciating second of eternity, and the realization that the bat had just connected near the middle of my back. Ouch. I spat out my Gatorade in a fountain of blue that erupted with the force of a mini-volcano. And, as if that weren't enough, I was sitting near the edge of a somewhat tall mound (around 4 feet) where the diamond was located. So I fell, knocked off my prone position, tumbled across the grass, and landed in a puddle of mud. At least I missed the dogshit by a couple inches.

The moral? I don't think there's any, just that ten year olds should never be left alone, LOL. :P

No comments: