Saturday, October 10, 2009

A Note

Please forgive the rather sparse number of posts as of late. I am trying to catch some deadlines which are proving to be quite tricky. Some of you may have heard about the 'rotating blackouts' in Metro Manila; our area has been hit three times now, with a combined number of electricity-less hours nearing 13. While I certainly cannot complaint about my bad fortune-- as I type this, Baguio up in the northern Philippines is still buried under 2002mm of rain, at least half a year's worth in six days-- it is really stressing me out. I still have to type a twenty five page paper in time for Wednesday, on top of several other requirements. The storm(s) and its/their aftermaths truly boggle the mind, not just because of the scale of destruction, but conversely, also because of the undying lights that are the hearts of some selfless people whose bravery, audacity, or perhaps even foolishness, I will forever try to understand. But really, what can one do in such times? It is dark again outside. It will probably rain again. For once, I wish the sun would shine hot enough to fry me to a crisp.

No comments: