Friday, February 04, 2011

I Laughed!

Found this on Facebook:

Plugging the Gulf oil leak with the works of Ayn Rand.

The purpose of the group: "A modest proposal for finally putting to good use the writings of the intellectual patroness of wannabe dickheads, professional amateurs, miseducated autodidacts, soi-disant contrarians, aging arrested adolescents, and subliterate cognoscenti."

I remember finding a copy of 'The Fountainhead' lying about the house once, when I was sixteen; I tried reading it, but in all honesty could not finish it. That woman is as abstruse as she is obnoxious. In hindsight, I should have given myself a pat on the back for not finishing that book; God knows I'm too much of a pompous d--khead as it is, and I certainly do not need Ms. Rand's further encouragement of it!


No comments: