Friday, December 07, 2007

Prayers Requested

Please say a prayer for the repose of the soul of Jose Roberto 'Joey' Carlos, a freshman here at the university. He died in a car accident over the weekend. He was only 18. I never knew Joey; in fact I can probably say with all certainty that I would never have heard of him had it not been for this accident. But we went to the same school; he was my fellow student, and it pains me whenever something bad happens to a member of my community. I don't know what he looks like, but we probably passed each other more than once when moving from one classroom to another. I don't know how he sounds like, but I probably heard his laughter-- so full of mirth and life-- in passing the cafeteria. I don't know the guy, but I feel like I've lost someone I know.

He is to be interred tomorrow, the feast of the Immaculate Conception. Again, I urge you all to pray for his eternal repose, especially at this time which is so near Christmas. Please also offer your prayers for his parents, that they may have the strength to weather this tragic loss.

No comments: