Friday, February 29, 2008

My New Guilty Pleasure



Via Arturo Vasquez's excellent (new) blog Reditus, I cam across this blog called 'Stuff White People Like', which is proving to be my newest source of entertainment... And I must say I am quite entertained! It has everything your typical Caucasian liberal would like, such as Asian girls, standing still at concerts, bottled water, and hating your parents' religion. Of course, it's meant as a parody, although I can't help but feel a lot of the stuff listed there also applies to me, LOL.

Just a note, in the Philippines we have a 'one drop rule' that basically states that ever the smallest drop of European blood is enough to make one white-- which in this country is considered a good thing. Thus you have wannabe hipsters, rich kids, and the nouveau riche constantly playing up the fact that 'I have 1/128th Spanish blood!' to everyone they meet-- especially foreigners. This is actually quite an amusing topic, which I think is common throughout all of Southeast Asia; I promise to write all about this when I have the time!

3 comments:

Rex said...

Brother,

How were you able the SONIFIC widget? My blog's declining my request.

Thanks!

MIGUEL

Archistrategos said...

I checked your blog, it looks like it's working fine already, hehe (I also had a hard time when I first put that on) :D

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!